8:45 -9:15 a.m. Choir practice
9:15 a.m. Children's and Adult Sunday School Classes
10:30 a.m. Worship in the Sanctuary
11:30 a.m. Coffee Fellowship
Saturday, May 18: Game Night and Silent Auction, 5:30 PM, Fellowship Hall
$12 per person; Max $25 per family to benefit Youth June Mission Trip and Green Lake Conference
A Church Home for You
Hi. Let me introduce myself.
My name is Steve Mechem and I am the Pastor of Second Baptist Church of St. Louis. On behalf of the folks at 2nd BC, it is my pleasure to welcome you to our website. Hopefully, you will be able to learn a little about us and how we might be able to be of service to you. Feel free to look through the pages that follow. If you have any questions or if I can provide more information, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.991.3424.
As a personal introduction, I am posting a top ten list (not Letterman funny, but still a valid list) of reasons I would, even if I were not the church's pastor, participate in the life and ministry of Second Baptist Church.
10 Reasons I would attend Second Baptist Church:
10) Pet Blessing services - gotta love a church that celebrates all of God's critters.
9) The Sanctuary of the Beatitudes. The sanctuary at Second Baptist Church is designed as a uncomplicated space to reflect, to connect, and to enjoy the presence of God.
8) At Second Baptist Church, I find an openness to question, to challenge, and to discover. We are not afraid to ask really big questions and refuse to give standard “pat” answers. We strive to learn together, and focus on mutual conversation without dictating that all of us think alike.
7) At Second Baptist Church, I find a place to discover my individual gifts, abilities and sensibilities and I find a community of faith wherein those gifts and abilities can be shared. We strive to take care of each other and to impact our community.
6) Second Baptist Church is a multi-cultural congregation. We celebrate a sweet diversity of ethnicity, language groups, and cultural backgrounds.
5) Our children are valued, celebrated, and given opportunities to discover faith.
4) Our students are engaged in congregational life and in outreach to the larger St. Louis community.
3) I have experienced encouraging and thought provoking worship through music, the spoken word, reflection and response.
2) After-worship fellowship times - yummy food, good conversation, and a sweet sweet spirit.
And the number one reason I would attend Second Baptist Church even if I were not the pastor:
1) The congregation is populated by people who love Jesus deeply and who accept me unconditionally. And they not only accept me, but everybody who seeks fellowship and community.
Consider this my invitation to you to visit with us as we worship and serve at Second Baptist Church.
Experience Second Baptist
If you want to get a better taste for our church, consider listening to a few of our recent sermons online. If these speak to you — then by all means, come and visit! Please consider stopping by at 10:30 on a Sunday morning or, during its season from October through April, visiting one of our Jazz Vespers concerts.
Welcome to Second Baptist Church
We, the community of faith known as Second Baptist Church, invite into our fellowship all persons who name Jesus Christ as Lord, without regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender, ability, sexual orientation, level of education, economic status, marital status, or any other status that may be misunderstood as a barrier to authentic fellowship.
We further welcome all who seek God, all who reject easy answers, all who have questions about faith, and all who feel out of step with the religious mainstream. We strive to be an open community where people feel comfortable and encouraged as they search for meaning and purpose in life. We invite you to join us as we discover grace together.